Catholic Priest Dies in Lodging After Night Out With Alleged Girlfriend Of Six Years

Reading Time: 2 minutes

Catholic Priest Dies Hours After Checking into Lodging With Alleged Lover

Joseph Kariuki Wanjiku, a 43-year-old Catholic priest serving at St Peter’s Parish in Ruai, died after spending the night lodging with his girlfriend in Murang’a County. Detectives have launched investigations into the death of the Catholic priest who served within the Archdiocese of Nairobi.

The police said the priest checked into Monalisa Hotel in Murang’a accompanied by his lovebird.

“One Joseph Kariuki Wanjiku aged 43yrs old, a Catholic priest at Archdiocese of Nairobi and a farmer in the Mangu area checked in at the said hotel together with his girlfriend who also happens to be her colleague at the workplace in Ruai.
Then, this morning (Saturday) at around 0800hrs, the priest’s girlfriend notified the hotel management that the boyfriend was dizzy and getting unconscious so that they could rush him to the hospital. They then rushed him to Kenol Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.” Part of the police report read.

It is alleged that the two lovers ate chicken and drank liquor before they retired for the night. Gatanga sub-county police commander Lawrence Njeru reported that the priest fell sick in the morning after staying in the lodging. The priest’s girlfriend informed the hotel’s management that the priest had fallen ill and was experiencing bouts of dizziness. They covered him with a blanket and rushed him to Kenol Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival. The Father’s alleged girlfriend alongside several workers of the hotel went to the Samuru police post where they informed the police about the incident after which they recorded a statement.

The woman in question is said to be thirty-two years and reported to be the priest’s girlfriend of six years. According to hotel workers, Fr Joseph had patronised the lodging premises for the last two years. Fr. Joseph doubled up as a farmer in the Mang’u area and his girlfriend happened to be a colleague at his workplace in Ruai.“We interviewed his companion and she told us she had had an affair with the priest for the last six years,” the police boss reported.

Gatanga sub-county police commander reported that they found the priest’s body in the back of the vehicle and he had foam coming out of the mouth. “The body was fresh but had foam coming out of the mouth. We made inquiries and discovered that priests’ bodies cannot be preserved in a normal mortuary so we made arrangements to have it transported to Nairobi, accompanied by our officers.”

Murang’a County police commander Kainga Mathiu also confirmed that white foam was oozing from the priest’s mouth and nose when the police arrived. It is suspected that the Father died of a heart attack.

Facebook Notice for EU! You need to login to view and post FB Comments!

Leave a Reply

Pin It on Pinterest